In compliance with state and local COVID-19 advisories, all in-person programs will be suspended through December 16th, at which time we will re-evaluate based on updated recommendations. Suspended programs include apparel donations, suiting appointments and volunteering. All career development programming will continue to be virtual and available at dfscolumbus.org.
We are grateful for your continued support. Stay safe and empower on!
While donation acceptance is currently paused, we graciously ask that you prepare your gently-worn, clean, in-season (can be worn in the next 3 months) apparel, shoes, handbags and accessories ready for an interview or the workplace. This includes cleaning according to care instructions and folding the items in a box, tote, bin or shopping bag. We also accept new cosmetics, personal care items, hosiery, undergarments. We anticipate being able to once again accept your apparel donations beginning on January 4, 2021. Items that will be in high-need at that time include winter coats, size 14+ apparel (especially pants) and personal care items. We kindly request that items being donated are no more than 5 years old.
Empowerment2Go suiting is currently paused. If you have an urgent need for an appointment to prepare for an upcoming interview or first day of a new job, please call 614-291-5420 ext 16. Other professional development programming including Empower Hour, Professional Women’s Group, Interviewing for Success and Boss Girl will continue remotely through the end of 2020. If you have any questions about these programs, please call Bridgett McKinnon, Program Manager, at 614-291-5420 ext 18.
Be the power and help her get back to work! Please consider giving one hour of your pay each month to help more women achieve economic independence. As an added bonus, we have some AMAZING incentives – including VIP, in-person tickets to our signature events Dine.Drink.Dress and Beyond the Suit, laptop swag and “In Honor of You” cards (perfect to celebrate the women in your life doing incredible things!) EVERY gift is important! Donations can be made in monthly installments or in a lump sum. A woman ready to take her next step needs your support today! Click here to empower with us today!
Dress for Success Columbus empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. All programs, including Interview and Employment Suiting, Career Center, and Professional Women’s Group Employment Retention are free of charge for every woman we assist. Any woman referred by a community partner is eligible for service.
With the community’s support, since opening our doors in 2007, we’re honored to have empowered thousands of women to achieve their potential in Central Ohio! We are proud to be an affiliate of Dress for Success Worldwide, and over 150 sister affiliates in 30 countries across the globe! Worldwide website here.
- MISSION ADDRESS: 1204 North High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43201 | Directions
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: Click here to be directed to a Google Map page preset with our address as the destination. Simply add your starting address to learn COTA options to Dress for Success Columbus.
- PARKING: Please utilize metered spaces on High or 4th Street.
- CLIENT / VISITOR: If you are a client or visitor arriving for an appointment, access the main mission entrance at the front of the building on High Street, and press the buzzer to the right of the door for assistance. Clients – if you arrive by car, there are 3 parking spots available behind our building labeled “Dress for Success Columbus.” If these are full, please park at a meter on High Street and we will provide quarters and pay for your parking during your appointment time.
- APPAREL / SUPPLY DONOR: If you are delivering donations, access the Donation Acceptance entrance adjacent to Dress for Success Columbus parking spaces in the rear of the building, and ring the bell for assistance. We ask that all donations are delivered through the rear of the building in order to keep the front of the mission dedicated to client assistance.
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Suiting (By Appointment Only): Monday – Thursday: 10 AM – 4 PM | Friday: 9 AM – 12 PM | Alternating Saturdays: 9 AM – 1 PM
Career Center: Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 4:30 PM | Weekly Power Hour workshops: Friday 1 -2 PM
Dress for Success Columbus is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization. In-kind and financial contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.