We cannot do what we do without amazing volunteers! In 2021, over 600 volunteers donated over ten thousand of compassionate service hours to Dress for Success Columbus programs and our women.
Do you want to give back to the community? We would love to have you join us in our mission to empower ALL women in Central Ohio! Whatever amount of free time you have, whether it’s several hours a week or simply two hours a month – we welcome your involvement at Dress for Success Columbus! Opportunities for involvement are listed here (pdf).
Click here to complete the Dress for Success Columbus Volunteer Interest Form!
Volunteer Open House
We request that all interested volunteers attend a Virtual Volunteer Open House, hosted monthly via Zoom, from 6:00-7:00 PM. All interested volunteers will have an opportunity to learn about the mission of Dress For Success Columbus, the women we serve, volunteer opportunities, and our free programs. Take a virtual tour of the agency, and ask questions in a casual environment! Please complete the Volunteer Interest Form here prior to attending a Virtual Volunteer Open House.
With respect for everyone’s time, the Virtual Volunteer Open Houses start and end on time.
2022 Virtual Volunteer Open House Dates: (Please note, these dates may shift to in-person engagements during 2022)
- May 25, 2022
- June 29, 2022
- July 27, 2022
- August 31, 2022
- September 28, 2022
- October 26, 2022
- November 16, 2022 (Final Open House of 2022)
In-Boutique Volunteer Opportunities
- Personal Stylist – Monday through Thursday 10 AM – 4 PM Work one-on-one with a Dress for Success Columbus client and help select professional attire during her Interview or Employment Suiting. You’ll provide support and encouragement as she prepares for interviews. Once a woman becomes employed, she returns to Dress for Success Columbus for additional clothing to help her build a working wardrobe. Being a Personal Stylist is an enjoyable and rewarding way to make a direct impact on the lives of the women we serve.
- Donation Acceptance – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 10AM – 4PM Greet and accepts donations from generous contributors during the week in our warehouse. Sorts and organizes donations from donors in the community and corporate partners.
- Inventory Management – Monday through Friday, 10AM – 4PM This important task helps keep our boutique ready for clients.. Check-in, steam, and organize apparel, accessories, and jewelry to place on the boutique floor.
Programming Volunteer Opportunities
- Workshop Facilitator – EMPOWerHER on Thursdays, 11AM-12PM, and the 3rd Saturday of every month, 11AM – 1 PM. Interested in leading a workshop for our PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S GROUP (PWG)? Let’s get you on the calendar! Please reach out to Bridgett McKinnon (email@example.com) with a date and topic you would like to present.
- Success Coaching – Support our women to get ready for their job interviews or how to get to the next. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- Mentoring – Provide guidance and support to our women by participating in our WOMEN2WOMEN MENTOR program. Email email@example.com for more details.
- Personal Stylist On the Go – Tuesday through Thursday, 10AM – 3PM Come volunteer on the Mobile Career Center (MCC) to serve women in the Community as a Personal Stylist, Crowd Engagement Liaison, and Paperwork Intake Assistant
Agency Volunteer Opportunities
- Group Volunteerism – Fridays 10AM – 4PM Schedule a group volunteer day on a Friday aka ‘Feel Good Friday’! We schedule one group (one organization; 20 people maximum – 2 shifts of 10 people) for two-hour shifts. Available dates to volunteer are provided and your group will select the best day to meet your needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on scheduling!
Professional Volunteer Opportunities
- Y.E.S! (Young Executives for Success) – Young professionals whose ‘9-5’ jobs make it challenging to volunteer during the workday. Members gain leadership skills and plan/promote the annual signature Y.E.S! events. Email email@example.com for details.