We cannot do what we do without amazing volunteers! In 2022, over 500 volunteers donated over 4,500 hours of compassionate service hours to Dress for Success Columbus programs and our women.
Do you want to give back to the community? We would love to have you join us in our mission to empower ALL women in Central Ohio! Whatever amount of free time you have, whether it’s several hours a week or simply two hours a month – we welcome your involvement at Dress for Success Columbus!
Click here to complete the Dress for Success Columbus Volunteer Interest Form or email Sandy Taylor, Client and Volunteer Experience Coordinator for more information!
Volunteer Information Session
We request that all interested volunteers attend a Volunteer Information Session – this provides an opportunity to learn about the mission of Dress for Success Columbus, the women we serve, our programming and how the volunteer opportunities fit into all that we do! This is your opportunity to meet staff, take a tour of the agency and ask questions in a casual environment! We greatly appreciate interested volunteers completing the volunteer interest form here prior to attending the Volunteer Information Session!
In respect for everyone’s time, Volunteer Information Sessions start and end on time. If you will be more than 15 minutes late, please reschedule for a future session.
2023 Volunteer Information Session Dates – click on date to RSVP.
- June 10, 2023 – 10 AM until 11:30 AM (1204 N. High St, Columbus, OH 43201). Click here to register!
- October 14, 2023 – 10 AM until 11:30 AM (1204 N. High St, Columbus, OH 43201). Save the Date! Registration to open mid-September.
In-Boutique Volunteer Opportunities
- Personal Stylist – Monday through Thursday 10 AM – 4 PM Work one-on-one with a Dress for Success Columbus client and help select professional attire during her Interview or Employment Suiting. You’ll provide support and encouragement as she prepares for interviews. Once a woman becomes employed, she returns to Dress for Success Columbus for additional clothing to help her build a working wardrobe. Being a Personal Stylist is an enjoyable and rewarding way to make a direct impact on the lives of the women we serve.
- Donation Acceptance – Mondays and Fridays, 10AM – 4PM Greet and accepts donations from generous contributors during the week in our warehouse. Sorts and organizes donations from donors in the community and corporate partners.
- Inventory Management – Monday through Friday, 10AM – 4PM This important task helps keep our boutique ready for clients.. Check-in, steam, and organize apparel, accessories, and jewelry to place on the boutique floor.
Programming Volunteer Opportunities
- Success Coaching – Support our women to get ready for their job interviews or how to get to the next. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- Mentoring – Provide guidance and support to our women by participating in our WOMEN2WOMEN MENTOR program. Email email@example.com for more details.
- Personal Stylist On the Go – Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10AM – 3PM Come volunteer on the Mobile Career Center (MCC) to serve women in the Community as a Personal Stylist, Crowd Engagement Liaison, and Paperwork Intake Assistant
Agency Volunteer Opportunities
- Group Volunteerism – Fridays 10AM – 4PM Schedule a group volunteer day on a Friday aka ‘Feel Good Friday’! We schedule one group (one organization; 20 people maximum – 2 shifts of 10 people) for two-hour shifts. Available dates to volunteer are provided and your group will select the best day to meet your needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on scheduling!
- Join a Committee –Support the work of Dress for Success Columbus by being a part of the teams that bring our mission to life. Our committees include Marketing, Finance, Resource Development & Sustainability, Programs, and Events. Click here to complete a form and a team member will be in touch!
Professional Volunteer Opportunities
- Y.E.S! (Young Executives for Success) – Young professionals whose ‘9-5’ jobs make it challenging to volunteer during the workday. Members gain leadership skills and plan/promote the annual signature Y.E.S! events. Email email@example.com for details.