Clients are introduced to the Career Center during their initial appointment and are encouraged to utilize this resource area equipped with tools that strengthen their job search and professional development. All services are free of charge for every woman we serve.
Career Center Resources
- 8 Laptop computers with internet access and Microsoft Office
- Self-led career development tutorials
- Self-led Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office tutorials
- Printer, copier, scanner and fax
- Library of community resources
- Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops
- Network with peers, community partners and employers
Career Center Hours
Monday – Thursday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. No appointment needed for current clients.
Friday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM. No appointment needed for current clients. Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops: 1:00 – 2:00 PM and open resource 2:00 – 4:00 PM. RSVP required – see below for more information and to register!
Career Center Power Hour Workshops
Career Development Workshops – Fridays 1:00 – 2:00 PM Unless Otherwise Noted
Please note: Dress for Success Columbus will live stream its weekly Empower Hour Workshops for the foreseeable future to comply with public health officials’ recommendations for people to avoid crowds to stop the spread of the novel Coronavirus responsible for COVID–19.
We host a rotating schedule of topics presented in a workshop format by experienced professionals!
Upcoming Empower Hour Workshops
- April 3, 2020, Interviewing for Success***Special Time 2:30-3:30
- April 10, 2020, Cover My Meds – Mock Interviews
- April 17, 2020, PNC – Financial Literacy
- April 24, 2020, Bank of America – Understanding/Managing Debt
Previous Empower Hour Workshop Recordings
2:00 – 4:00 Open Work Session. The presenter may be available to answer professional development questions and assist you with your job search. This is a perfect time to ask questions and seek professional guidance as our Career Center is staffed with dedicated Career Counselors to assist you! Stay as long as you’d like! We foster an open forum on Fridays – you can leave following the presentation, or utilize the career center until 4:00.
Dress for Success Columbus fosters relationships with HR Professionals and Career Path Specialists who are passionate about donating their time and talent to assist the women we serve prepare for interviews and succeed in the workplace. Please call or email Bridgett McKinnon for more information: 614.291.5420 ext 18, or firstname.lastname@example.org