Clients are introduced to the Career Center during their initial appointment and are encouraged to utilize this resource area equipped with tools that strengthen their job search and professional development. All services are free of charge for every woman we serve.
Career Center Resources
- 6 Laptop computers with internet access and Microsoft Office
- Self-led career development tutorials
- Self-led Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office tutorials
- Printer, copier, scanner and fax
- Library of community resources
- Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops
- Network with peers, community partners and employers
Career Center Hours
Monday – Thursday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. No appointment needed for current clients.
Friday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM. No appointment needed for current clients. Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops: 1:00 – 2:00 PM and open resource 2:00 – 4:00 PM. RSVP required – see below for more information and to register!
Career Center Power Hour Workshops
Career Center Power Hour workshops are hosted on Fridays. During this time, the career center is not open for computer use. All programs are provided free of charge to Dress for Success Columbus clients.
Please note the start time of the workshop for which you RSVP; arrive 15 minutes early to reserve seating. Clients arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be able to join the session. We are respectful to everyone’s time and late arrivals cause an interruption to the program while they get situated and caught up.
RSVP is required for ALL workshops. To RSVP, please click on date of program.
Career Development Workshops 1:00 – 2:00 PM Unless Otherwise Noted
We host a rotating schedule of topics presented in a workshop format by experienced professionals!
- January 10 – Accenture, Skills to Succeed Learning Exchange
- January 17 – Resume Building Review
- January 24 – Columbus State Communnity College
- January 31 – Bank of America, Saving & Budgeting
- February 7 – T-Mobile, Effective Job Search Strategies
- February 14 – Robin Goodstein, Emotional Intelligence
- February 21 – Scholarship Opportunities for Success
- February 28 – Tax Preparation Tips
- March 6- Legal Aide of Ohio, Building Your Financial Future
- March 13 – BESA, Volunteerism
- March 20 – Capital University, Adult Degree Completion Program
- March 27 – Bank of America, Credit Report, Credit Score
2:00 – 4:00 Open Work Session. The presenter may be available to answer professional development questions and assist you with your job search. This is a perfect time to ask questions and seek professional guidance as our Career Center is staffed with dedicated Career Counselors to assist you! Stay as long as you’d like! We foster an open forum on Fridays – you can leave following the presentation, or utilize the career center until 4:00.
Dress for Success Columbus fosters relationships with HR Professionals and Career Path Specialists who are passionate about donating their time and talent to assist the women we serve prepare for interviews and succeed in the workplace. Please call or email Bridgett McKinnon for more information: 614.291.5420 ext 18, or email@example.com