Clients are introduced to the Career Center during their initial appointment and are encouraged to utilize this resource area equipped with tools that strengthen their job search and professional development. All services are free of charge for every woman we serve.
Career Center Resources
- 8 Laptop computers with internet access and Microsoft Office
- Self-led career development tutorials
- Self-led Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office tutorials
- Printer, copier, scanner and fax
- Library of community resources
- Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops
- Network with peers, community partners and employers
Career Center Hours
Monday – Thursday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. No appointment needed for current clients.
Friday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM. No appointment needed for current clients. Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops: 1:00 – 2:00 PM and open resource 2:00 – 4:00 PM. RSVP required – see below for more information and to register!
Career Center Empower Hour Workshops
Career Development Workshops – Fridays 1:00 – 2:00 PM Unless Otherwise Noted
We host a rotating schedule of topics presented in a workshop format by experienced professionals! Dress for Success Columbus will live stream its weekly Empower Hour Workshops via Zoom for the remainder of 2020 to comply with public health officials’ recommendations for people to avoid crowds to stop the spread of the novel Coronavirus responsible for COVID–19.
Upcoming Empower Hour Workshops
- October 23, 2020: Professional Development
- October 30, 2020: Better Money Habits, Bank of America, Holiday Savings
- November 6, 2020: Holly McFarland, Interviews & Resumes
- November 13, 2020: Personal Development
- November 20, 2020: Better Money Habits, Bank of America, Smarter Spending
- December 4, 2020: Holly McFarland, Strategies for a Successful Career in 2021
- December 11, 2020: Goal Setting 2021
Previous Empower Hour Workshop Recordings
(Please note – we are unable to record all workshop sessions due to copyrights on the materials being presented. If you have questions about a prior session not listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- March 27, 2020: Capital University – Adult Degree Completion
- April 10, 2020: Cover My Meds – Mock Interviews
- April 24, 2020: Bank of America – Understanding/Managing Debt
- May 8, 2020: Strengths Finder Ruth Strenburg – Skill Assessment – What Are You Good At?
- May 15, 2020: Accenture – Proper Grammar
- May 22, 2020: Janet Doyle – Building Your Linkedin Profile
- May 29, 2020: Bank of America – Understanding & Managing Credit Cards
- June 19, 2020: Cassandra Brinkley, Bob Evans – Professional Development
- July 10, 2020: Jenn Cartmille, Greater Columbus Sports Commission – Leverage Linkedin for Your Job Search
- August 7, 2020: Legal Aid – Dealing with Debt
- August 14, 2020: Brianna Nimox, Nimox Business & Career Solutions – Marketing Yourself Online
- September 4, 2020: Janet Doyle – Networking
- September 11, 2020: Next Job Placement Services
- September 18, 2020: Dress for Success Columbus Open House
Please join us every Wednesday on Zoom from 11 AM to Noon for our Sisterhood Check-In. This is an open platform for friendly conversations, insightful discussions, and peer support.
To join via telephone, please dial 929-205-6099.
Meeting ID: 827 8260 0690
Dress for Success Columbus fosters relationships with HR Professionals and Career Path Specialists who are passionate about donating their time and talent to assist the women we serve prepare for interviews and succeed in the workplace. Please call or email Bridgett McKinnon for more information: 614.291.5420 ext 18, or email@example.com
2018 CAREER CENTER LEADERSHIP SPONSOR