Dress For Success Columbus DOES NOT accept men’s apparel nor offers a donation pick-up service. Please drop off donations during the scheduled days/times and at the listed locations:
Donation Days and Times
Mondays and Fridays from 10 AM until 4 PM ONLY
We DO NOT accept donations on Tuesdays through Thursdays. If donations are brought on those days, we kindly ask you to come back on our donation days or recommend donating to our community partners – see below. Please DO NOT leave bags unattended at the front or back door. Due to hygienic reasons, unattended donations will be discarded.
Dress For Success Columbus (Warehouse at the rear of the building)
1204 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43201
**Please note: Upon arrival, please come to the back of the agency. There are three (3) parking spaces for donors. Please call the phone number listed on the sign, and a volunteer will assist by directing you to our warehouse to unload your donations. We are required to track all donations and will ask donors to enter their name, email address, and mailing address onto an IPad. Donor tax receipts are sent via email at the time of contribution.
Alternative Donation Locations
Donations are accepted at these community partners during their business hours:
· Leal Boutique in Upper Arlington
· Le Flair Boutique in Dublin
**Out of the Closet across the street from Dress For Success Columbus (Please note – donations taken to Out of the Closet will support their mission. DFSC will not obtain any of the donations.)**
We accept donations that are new or gently worn, clean, and free from odors, stains, and defects in all women’s sizes. We ask that ALL apparel is in-season and no more than five (5) years old. Undergarments MUST be new in the package or with new tags. Personal care items, make-up, and beauty products MUST be unopened and not expired. Please bring donations in fragrance-free bags, boxes, bins, or totes, and WITHOUT hangers. Please DO NOT leave bags unattended at the front or back door. Due to hygienic reasons, unattended donations will be discarded. For questions regarding donation acceptance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations We Accept
Guidelines for Valuing Donations
Please visit the IRS website for guidelines on valuing your contribution. Dress for Success Columbus does not provide a value of donated goods to donors and recommends donors use the IRS guidelines to determine donation value.
Financial contributions can be made anytime! Since opening our doors in 2007, we are humbled to have supported thousands of women in Central Ohio who are now realizing economic independence through our transformational, free-of-charge workforce readiness and professional development programs. Through your generosity, we are honored to provide the support women in our community need! Thank you for joining us as we empower together!
Our services are free of charge to every woman we serve. Always. But what are the hard costs we incur to supply these resources? Learn how your contribution empowers women in need:
- A gift of $25 secures her trip to our Career Center where she’ll find the self-led tools needed to ensure her resume rises to the top!
- A gift of $50 equips her with the networking tools to find her next!
- A gift of $100 helps her polish her skills and define her personal brand by participating in our workforce development programming.
- A gift of $150 connects her with a professional HR coach through our new Interviewing for Success Program. Our coaches help her uncover her talents as she begins her next chapter.
- A gift of $500 ensures she has the opportunity to work with a professional mentor helping her shape, pursue, and attain a strong network to achieve her career goals.
- A gift of $1,000 secures her access to an entire year of Professional Women’s Network programming – our exclusive career development program designed to give her the skills needed to navigate the workplace and excel in her career.
Dress for Success Columbus respects the privacy of its donors. We deeply value the contributions that our donors make to sustain the mission of Dress for Success Columbus.
Dress for Success Columbus collects and uses personal information such as: name, address, phone number, and email address when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. In addition, Dress for Success Columbus keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used by the Executive Director and Development Committee to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make more accurate budget projections.
To protect the privacy of our donors, we maintain the following policies:
- We do not trade our donor lists with other organizations.
- We do not sell our donor lists to other organizations.
- We will contact donors prior to listing their names in our publications to solicit their consent and their preferred listing (when applicable).
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request that they not be solicited in the future.
- Donors may request not to receive mailings, such as our newsletter.