In compliance with state and local COVID-19 advisories, all in-person programs will be suspended through December 16th, at which time we will re-evaluate based on updated recommendations. Suspended programs include apparel donations, suiting appointments and volunteering. All career development programming will continue to be virtual and available at dfscolumbus.org.
While donation acceptance is currently paused, we graciously ask that you prepare your gently-worn, clean, in-season (can be worn in the next 3 months) apparel, shoes, handbags and accessories ready for an interview or the workplace. This includes cleaning according to care instructions and folding the items in a box, bin, tote or shopping bag. We also accept new cosmetics, personal care items, hosiery, undergarments. We anticipate being able to once again accept your apparel donations beginning on January 4, 2021. Items that will be high-need at that time include winter coats, size 14+ apparel (especially pants) and personal care items. We kindly request that items being donated are no more than 5 years old.
Financial contributions can be made anytime! Since opening our doors in 2007, we are humbled to have supported thousands of women in Central Ohio who are now realizing economic independence through our transformational, free-of-charge workforce readiness and professional development programs. Through your generosity, we are honored to provide the support women in our community need! Thank you for joining us as we empower together!
Our services are free of charge to every woman we serve. Always. But what are the hard costs we incur to supply these resources? Learn how your contribution empowers women in need:
- A gift of $25 secures her trip to our Career Center where she’ll find the self-led tools needed to ensure her resume rises to the top!
- A gift of $50 equips her with the networking tools to find her next!
- A gift of $100 helps her polish her skills and define her personal brand by participating in our workforce development programming.
- A gift of $150 connects her with a professional HR coach through our new Interviewing for Success Program. Our coaches help her uncover her talents as she begins her next chapter.
- A gift of $500 ensures she has the opportunity to work with a professional mentor helping her shape, pursue, and attain a strong network to achieve her career goals.
- A gift of $1,000 secures her access to an entire year of Professional Women’s Network programming – our exclusive career development program designed to give her the skills needed to navigate the workplace and excel in her career.
Suiting Boutique Donations are greatly appreciated. A listing of our requests is available here (pdf link) including professional interview suiting, business-casual, medical uniform/scrubs and blue-collar work wear, footwear and accessories. Email our Suiting Inventory Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rhea V. Opiniano at email@example.com with any questions regarding what is accepted.
Contributions are accepted at our agency, located at 1204 N. High St. Columbus, OH 43201 (directions here), Monday, Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM. (Please see below for boutique partners who can accept donations during evening and Saturday hours.)
Tax receipt provided at time of contribution via email.
If you are unable to make a donation during our donation hours, we work with two local businesses which act as drop-off locations.
Donations also accepted at these community partners during their business hours:
Donations should be clean (with the exception of undergarments and personal care items which MUST be new) and prefer no hangers for clothing donations. Please contain donations in shopping bags, totes, bins or boxes. In the interest of the women we serve, we are unable to accept items in trash bags or items left unattended at either the front or back door due to hygienic reasons; tax receipts cannot be provided for these donations left unattended outside. Thank you for understanding and cooperation.
We have a critical need for size 14+ professional apparel – but need and appreciate items of ALL sizes.
Interested in hosting a drive? Contact Rhea V. Opiniano at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Guidelines for Valuing Donations
Please visit the IRS website for guidelines on valuing your contribution. Dress for Success Columbus does not provide a value of donated goods to donors, and recommends donors use the IRS guidelines to determine donation value.
Dress for Success Columbus respects the privacy of its donors. We deeply value the contributions that our donors make to sustain the mission of Dress for Success Columbus.
Dress for Success Columbus collects and uses personal information such as: name, address, phone number, and email address when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. In addition, Dress for Success Columbus keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used by the Executive Director and Development Committee to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make more accurate budget projections.
To protect the privacy of our donors, we maintain the following policies:
- We do not trade our donor lists with other organizations.
- We do not sell our donor lists to other organizations.
- We will contact donors prior to listing their names in our publications to solicit their consent and their preferred listing (when applicable).
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request that they not be solicited in the future.
- Donors may request not to receive mailings, such as our newsletter.