Current Staff Openings
Dress for Success Columbus is committed to equal opportunity in employment. The Organization makes hiring and employment decisions without regard to an individual’s race, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (or related medical conditions), gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, protected medical condition, citizenship status, uniformed service/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Director of Programs
Dress for Success Columbus (DFSC) is a non-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Dress for Success is a global organization and the Columbus affiliate is a member of the 125 network of sister affiliates in 35 countries. The agency, Suiting Boutique and Career Center are located in the Short North neighborhood. Dress for Success took its suiting services mobile in 2019 and launched its Mobile Career Center in 2020 to meet more women where they are, and where they gather.
Our workforce development and employee retention services provide our women with the unique opportunity to build skills in partnership with other nonprofit organizations and corporate partners throughout the community. Since 2007, more than 18,000 women in Franklin and six surrounding counties have been empowered.
We are seeking a driven, goal-oriented, self-starter to execute dynamic programming. The successful candidate will set and meet aggressive goals to help women achieve economic independence utilizing all of the services available. The Director of Programs reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure quality programming is executed for the women in our community consistent with the Dress for Success brand.
- Work with ED to develop/monitor/meet organizational strategic plan as related to programs and client services.
- Oversee initiatives to increase level of service and number of women utilizing services.
- Train and supervise Program Manager to ensure highest level of engagement, program content, consistency, and sustainability.
- Work with Director of Operations to evaluate client use and determine proactive solutions to reach goals.
- Effectively manage the Program Committee to achieve strategic plan outcomes.
- Works with the Senior Director of Marketing and Development to develop a communications strategy for programmatic work.
- Monitor/develop program outcomes and regularly measure the progress of clients and
- Coordinate and execute initiatives to develop and nurture community partnerships.
- Help to develop and maintain community involvement by engaging referral partners.
- Develop and monitor mechanism to refer women to other community services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
DRESS FOR SUCCESS PROGRAMS
Suiting Program Services – Women are styled with a personal stylist to help her look and feel her best at work.
Career Center Services – Weekly career development courses provide job seekers with the skills she needs to land that job.
Women2Women Mentoring Program – Mentors and mentees work together to set, measure and celebrate career and life goals.
Interviewing for Success – Women are connected to experienced HR professionals who are in industry for one-on-one interview and career coaching.
Professional Women’s Group – A Sisterhood of women who are working or in-school get the opportunity to continue to build their skills to support career advancement.
Success InSight – Annual conference where dynamic women share their secrets to career success.
- Must have a strong commitment to diversity and a passion for helping women develop and grow to their best selves.
- Must be flexible, a self-starter & detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills required.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills required with the ability to multi- task.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic representative of and advocate for Dress for Success Columbus.
- Be the leader for ensuring the highest level of customer-service provided to all clients, continually providing feedback and direction as needed to ensure the mission is fulfilled to its greatest potential.
- Must be able to lift 20-30 lbs.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience executing workforce development programming in a diverse community
- Government, non-profit, and volunteer management experience is highly desirable
- Strong experience using critical thinking, organization, and time-management skills
- Experience with change implementation preferred
- Highly developed writing skills needed
- Experience managing technology systems preferred
- Welcoming personality in-person and on the telephone
- Highly professional and polished image
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in the Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- High level of passion and commitment to the Dress for Success mission
- Posting date 9/25/2020
- Application deadline – 10/16/2020
- Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contractor –– Empowerment to Her Driver
Dress for Success Columbus is seeking a Mobile Career Center driver that has experience driving a truck and pulling a 36’ gooseneck trailer. This position works directly with the Director of Operations.
We are searching for 2 drivers that are available for 4-10 days per month. The position is a contract/on-call with up to approximately 24-40 hours per month, including some weekends. Salary is $20+ an hour depending on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives conservatively and familiar with central Ohio area.
- Inspects vehicles prior to occupancy, verifying everything is clean, well-stocked and in good working order.
- Assists with loading and unloading supplies and inventory into the vehicles.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Complete paper or electronic logs.
- Effectively communicates with the Director of Operations to report any mechanical difficulties and/or maintenance needs of the company-owned vehicles.
- Assists organization promptly and courteously with transportation services.
- Always ensures a maximum level of customer service.
- Presents a clean, neat, and well-groomed appearance.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures and standards.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License as well as an excellent driving record.
- Fluent in trip planning, associated mathematics, and navigation
- Ability to relate effectively in one-on-one situations with clients and Team members.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form.
- Ability to work unsupervised, self-directed, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English. Bilingual skills would be helpful.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules.
- Must pass background screening and drug test.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Class A CDL
PRIOR TO AN OFFER, CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO PRVIDE PROOF OF THE FOLLOWING
- Driving record – MVR
- Certification of violations
- Driver’s Road Test Certificate or Equivalent
- Inquiry to Previous Employers
- Safety Performance History Records
- Inquiry to State Agencies for 3-Year Driving Record
- Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Documents
- Skill Performance Evaluation Certificate
- Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter with Mobile Career Center Driver in the subject line to Angel@dfscmh.org
- Please click here to fill out application.
Dress for Success Columbus (DFSC) is a non-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and the skills needed for women to succeed in work and in life. Through the Suiting program, women receive a complete interview suit, personal styling service, and the opportunity to visit Dress for Success for a five looks once employment is obtained. We are also meeting women where they are in communities around central Ohio to equip her with the skills she needs to secure and maintain employment. The Empowerment to Her driver will transport our Mobile Career Center around a 100-mile radius in central Ohio to meet our women where they are with essential services.