Current Staff Openings
Dress for Success Columbus is committed to equal opportunity in employment. The Organization makes hiring and employment decisions without regard to an individual’s race, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (or related medical conditions), gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, protected medical condition, citizenship status, uniformed service/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Contractor –– Empowerment to Her Driver
Dress for Success Columbus is seeking a Mobile Career Center driver that has experience driving a truck and pulling a 36’ gooseneck trailer. This position works directly with the Director of Operations.
We are searching for 2 drivers that are available for 4-10 days per month. The position is a contract/on-call with up to approximately 24-40 hours per month, including some weekends. Salary is $20+ an hour depending on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives conservatively and familiar with central Ohio area.
- Inspects vehicles prior to occupancy, verifying everything is clean, well-stocked and in good working order.
- Assists with loading and unloading supplies and inventory into the vehicles.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Complete paper or electronic logs.
- Effectively communicates with the Director of Operations to report any mechanical difficulties and/or maintenance needs of the company-owned vehicles.
- Assists organization promptly and courteously with transportation services.
- Always ensures a maximum level of customer service.
- Presents a clean, neat, and well-groomed appearance.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures and standards.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License as well as an excellent driving record.
- Fluent in trip planning, associated mathematics, and navigation
- Ability to relate effectively in one-on-one situations with clients and Team members.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form.
- Ability to work unsupervised, self-directed, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English. Bilingual skills would be helpful.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules.
- Must pass background screening and drug test.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Class A CDL
PRIOR TO AN OFFER, CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO PRVIDE PROOF OF THE FOLLOWING
- Driving record – MVR
- Certification of violations
- Driver’s Road Test Certificate or Equivalent
- Inquiry to Previous Employers
- Safety Performance History Records
- Inquiry to State Agencies for 3-Year Driving Record
- Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Documents
- Skill Performance Evaluation Certificate
- Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter with Mobile Career Center Driver in the subject line to Angel@dfscmh.org
- Please click here to fill out application.
Dress for Success Columbus (DFSC) is a non-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and the skills needed for women to succeed in work and in life. Through the Suiting program, women receive a complete interview suit, personal styling service, and the opportunity to visit Dress for Success for a five looks once employment is obtained. We are also meeting women where they are in communities around central Ohio to equip her with the skills she needs to secure and maintain employment. The Empowerment to Her driver will transport our Mobile Career Center around a 100-mile radius in central Ohio to meet our women where they are with essential services.