Dress for Success Columbus will be closed for apparel donation intake and programming November 22 through November 26 in celebration of the Thanksgiving holiday. Apparel donation intake and programming will resume on Monday, November 29, 2021. We are grateful for your support and wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving.
The Dress for Success Columbus Board of Directors is excited to announce Habiba Bankston as the new Executive Director of the organization. She was most recently the Senior Community Relations Specialist for L Brands and has an amazing resume – including being the founding presdient of the Columbus Urban League Young Professionals, Central Region Vice President for the National Urban League Young Professionals and is a graduate of Leadership Columbus and the African American Leadership Program. Habiba will officially start on Monday, November 8th and we are excited for you to meet her!
Please note our new donation drop-off hours – Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. We request that you park in a marked spot behind our building, and call or text us upon arrival! We graciously ask that you bring your gently-worn, clean, in-season apparel, shoes, handbags and accessories ready for an interview or the workplace. We also accept new cosmetics, personal care items, hosiery & undergarments. Items that are in high-need include size 14+ apparel (particularly pants) and personal care items. We kindly request that items being donated are no more than 5 years old and show little to no wear.
We have welcomed clients back into our suiting boutique for appointments (masks required)! We have found a great and safe way to give our beautiful women personal styling services, with curated looks aligned with her style preferences, along with the dose of empowerment that makes us one-of-a-kind. Referral and scheduled appointments are still needed for suiting. Professional development programming including Empower Hour, Professional Women’s Group and Interviewing for Success will continue remotely. If you have any questions, please call Bridgett McKinnon, Program Manager, at 614-291-5420 ext 18.
Be the power and help her get back to work! Please consider giving one hour of your pay each month to help more women achieve economic independence. As an added bonus, we have some AMAZING incentives – including VIP tickets to our signature events Dine.Drink.Dress and Beyond the Suit, fun swag and “In Honor of You” cards (perfect to celebrate the women in your life doing incredible things!) EVERY gift is important! Donations can be made in monthly installments or in a lump sum. A woman ready to take her next step needs your support today! Click here to empower with us today!
Dress for Success Columbus empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. All programs, including Interview and Employment Suiting, Career Center, and Professional Women’s Group Employment Retention are free of charge for every woman we assist. Any woman referred by a community partner is eligible for service.
With the community’s support, since opening our doors in 2007, we’re honored to have empowered thousands of women to achieve their potential in Central Ohio! We are proud to be an affiliate of Dress for Success Worldwide, and over 150 sister affiliates in 30 countries across the globe! Worldwide website here.
- MISSION ADDRESS: 1204 North High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43201 | Directions
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: Click here to be directed to a Google Map page preset with our address as the destination. Simply add your starting address to learn COTA options to Dress for Success Columbus.
- PARKING: Please utilize metered spaces on High or 4th Street.
- CLIENT / VISITOR: If you are a client or visitor arriving for an appointment, access the main mission entrance at the front of the building on High Street, and press the buzzer to the right of the door for assistance. Clients – if you arrive by car, there are 3 parking spots available behind our building labeled “Dress for Success Columbus.” If these are full, please park at a meter on High Street and we will provide quarters and pay for your parking during your appointment time.
- APPAREL / SUPPLY DONOR: If you are delivering donations, access the Donation Acceptance entrance adjacent to Dress for Success Columbus parking spaces in the rear of the building, and ring the bell for assistance. We ask that all donations are delivered through the rear of the building in order to keep the front of the mission dedicated to client assistance.
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Suiting (By Appointment Only): Monday – Thursday: 10 AM – 4 PM | Friday: 9 AM – 12 PM
Career Center: Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 4:30 PM | Weekly Empower Hour workshops: Friday 1 -2 PM
Dress for Success Columbus is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization. In-kind and financial contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.