Financial contributions can be made anytime by clicking here or using the box below! Since opening our doors in 2007, we are humbled to have supported thousands of women in Central Ohio who are now realizing economic independence through our transformational, free-of-charge workforce readiness and professional development programs. Through your generosity, we are honored to provide the support women in our community need! Thank you for joining us as we empower together!
Multiply your impact! HOST A FRIENDRAISER! Empower with us by sharing our message of Women’s Empowerment with your friends, colleagues, neighbors, church group, book club – the opportunities are limitless and help our mission increase awareness! Click here to learn more!
Purchase Empower Flower Pins!
- Wednesday, November 21 – Regular donation drop-off hours; 10 AM – 4 PM
- Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 22 – Agency closed for Thanksgiving Holiday; no donation acceptance
- Monday, November 26 – Friday, December 7 – Regular donation drop-off hours; 10 AM – 4 PM; donations receive 2018 tax receipt
- Monday, December 10 – Friday, December 21 – Regular donation drop-off hours; 10 AM – 4 PM; donations receive 2019 tax receipt
- Monday, December 24 – Tuesday, January 1 – Agency closed for holiday break; no donation acceptance
- Wednesday, January 2 – Regular donation drop-off hours; 10 AM – 4 PM
As a reminder, please do not leave donations at the back door during agency closures. For hygienic purposes, we will not be able to use them and they will be discarded.
Suiting Boutique Donations are greatly appreciated. A listing of our requests is available here (pdf link) including professional interview suiting, business-casual, medical uniform/scrubs and blue-collar work wear, footwear and accessories. Email our Suiting Inventory Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Molly Preston at email@example.com with any questions regarding what is accepted.
Contributions are accepted at our agency, located at 1204 N. High St. Columbus, OH 43201 (directions here), Monday through Friday between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM. (Please see below for boutique partners who can accept donations during evening and Saturday hours.) Access our Donations Acceptance entrance at the rear of the building and ring the doorbell for assistance.
Tax receipt provided at time of contribution via email.
If you are unable to make a donation during our donation hours, we work with two local businesses which act as drop-off locations.
Donations also accepted at these community partners during their business hours:
Please donate clothing on hangers, and shoes, handbags, accessories, etc., in boxes or shopping bags. In the interest of the women we serve, we are unable to accept items in trash bags or items left unattended at either the front or back door due to hygienic reasons; tax receipts cannot be provided for these donations left unattended outside. Thank you for understanding and cooperation.
We have a critical need for plus-size (18 and up) professional apparel – but need and appreciate items of ALL sizes.
Interested in hosting a drive? Contact Molly Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Guidelines for Valuing Donations
Please visit the IRS website for guidelines on valuing your contribution. Dress for Success Columbus does not provide a value of donated goods to donors, and recommends donors use the IRS guidelines to determine donation value.
Dress for Success Columbus respects the privacy of its donors. We deeply value the contributions that our donors make to sustain the mission of Dress for Success Columbus.
Dress for Success Columbus collects and uses personal information such as: name, address, phone number, and email address when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. In addition, Dress for Success Columbus keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used by the CEO and Development Committee to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make more accurate budget projections.
To protect the privacy of our donors, we maintain the following policies:
- We do not trade our donor lists with other organizations.
- We do not sell our donor lists to other organizations.
- We will contact donors prior to listing their names in our publications to solicit their consent and their preferred listing (when applicable).
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request that they not be solicited in the future.
- Donors may request not to receive mailings, such as our newsletter.