The Dress for Success Columbus Boss Girl Program (for young women ages 16-18) utilizes a modular curriculum with engaging activities that focus on six key skill areas: communication, enthusiasm and attitude, teamwork, networking, problem-solving and critical thinking, and professionalism. The curriculum is taught to program ambassadors, who serve as influencers in their school with the information learned. Each program participant will also receive suiting services! The program is designed to help young women prepare for their next steps in life – the workplace, college, or a trade school.
The Boss Girl curriculum combines images, relatable stories, and experiences into leadership & career development, equipping today’s young women to navigate through life’s challenges and opportunities. Boss Girls will be career influencers in a way that is fresh, relevant and engaging for today’s young women and then challenge them to spread the word. Curriculum areas are:
- Self-Awareness: Understanding your emotions and thoughts and how they influence your behavior. Skills include self-perception, self-confidence, and self-efficacy.
- Self-Management: The ability to regulate your emotions and behaviors in different situations and to set and work toward goals. Skills include impulse control, executive function, stress-management, and self-discipline.
- Responsible Decision-Making: The ability to make positive choices and take responsibility for positive and negative outcomes. Skills include identifying problems, analyzing situations, solving problems, and reflection.
- Social-Awareness: The ability to empathize with others. Skills include empathy, appreciating differences, and respect.
- Relationship Skills: The ability to relate well to others. Skills include communicating clearly, listening, and cooperation, resisting negative pressure, resolving conflicts, and supporting one another.
Sign-Up to Participate!
Click the name of your high school in the list below to register: