Clients are introduced to the Career Center during their initial appointment and are encouraged to utilize this resource area equipped with tools that strengthen their job search and professional development. All services are free of charge for every woman we serve.
Career Center Resources
- 6 Laptop computers with internet access and Microsoft Office
- Mavis-Beacon typing tutorials
- Self-led Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office tutorials
- Printer, copier, scanner and fax
- Library of community resources
- Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops
- Network with peers, community partners and employers
- Job postings from area partners now online!
Career Center Hours
Monday – Thursday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. No appointment needed for current clients.
Friday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM. No appointment needed for current clients. Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops: 1:00 – 2:00 PM and open resource 2:00 – 4:00 PM. RSVP required – see below for more information and to register!
Career Center Workshops
Career center workshops are hosted on Fridays. During this time, the career center is not open for computer use. All programs are provided free of charge to Dress for Success Columbus clients.
Please note the start time of the workshop for which you RSVP; arrive 15 minutes early to reserve seating. Clients arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be able to join the session. We are respectful everyone’s time and late arrivals cause an interruption to the program while they get situated and caught up.
RSVP is required for ALL workshops. To RSVP, please click on date of program.
Career Development Workshops 1:00 – 2:00 PM Unless Otherwise Noted
We host a rotating schedule of topics presented in a workshop format by experienced professionals!
- January 5 – Network Your Way to Your Next Job (Alice Hilliard, Senior Retail Executive and Consultant)
- January 12 – Oversharing With Co-Workers (Miranda Bartholomew, Sunrise Senior Living)
- January 19 – Building Your Personal Brand (Kelly O’Brien, Knock Out Branding)
- January 26 – Excel for Beginners (Gladys Davis, Alliance Data)
- February 2 – LinkedIn Profiles (Liz Anderson, Huntington Bank)
- February 9 – Show Yourself Some LOVE for Valentine’s Day (Christina McLemore, BofA and Stefphanie Galloway, COTA)
- February 16 – 401K and Benefits (Katherine Schutte, Columbus Blue Jackets)
- February 23 – Mock Interview (Matika Garrison, OPERS)
- March 2 – Network Your Way to Your Next Job (Janet Doyle, Heitmeyer Consulting)
- March 9 – Resume Reboot (Jen Rohrbacher, Worthington Industries)
- March 16 – Professional Wardrobe for the Job Interview (Shelley Menduni, Professional Imagery)
- March 23 – Job Search Strategies (Cyndy Bass, Wes Banco)
- March 30 – Workplace Etiquette (Martika Garrison, OPERS)
2:00 – 4:00 Open Work Session. Presenter is available to answer professional development questions and assist you with your job search. This is a perfect time to ask questions and seek professional guidance as our Career Center is staffed with dedicated Career Counselors to assist you! Stay as long as you’d like! We foster an open forum on Fridays – you can leave following the presentation, or utilize the career center until 4:00.
Community Partner and Employer Open Houses
2018 Community Partner Open House information posted Q1! Stay Tuned!
Dress for Success Columbus fosters relationships with HR Professionals and Career Path Specialists who are passionate about donating their time and talent to assist the women we serve prepare for interviews and succeed in the workplace. Please call or email Bridgett McKinnon for more information: 614.291.5420 ext 18, or email@example.com