Clients are introduced to the Career Center during their initial appointment and are encouraged to utilize this resource area equipped with tools that strengthen their job search and professional development. All services are free of charge for every woman we serve.
Career Center Resources
- 6 Laptop computers with internet access and Microsoft Office
- Mavis-Beacon typing tutorials
- Self-led Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office tutorials
- Printer, copier, scanner and fax
- Library of community resources
- Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops
- Network with peers, community partners and employers
- Job postings from area partners now online!
Career Center Hours
Monday – Thursday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. No appointment needed for current clients.
Friday: Self-led resources: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM. No appointment needed for current clients. Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops: 1:00 – 2:00 PM and open resource 2:00 – 4:00 PM. RSVP required – see below for more information and to register!
Career Center Workshops
Career center workshops are hosted on Fridays. During this time, the career center is not open for computer use. All programs are provided free of charge to Dress for Success Columbus clients.
Please note the start time of the workshop for which you RSVP; arrive 15 minutes early to reserve seating. Clients arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be able to join the session. We are respectful everyone’s time and late arrivals cause an interruption to the program while they get situated and caught up.
RSVP is required for ALL workshops. To RSVP, please click on date of program.
Career Development Workshops 1:00 – 2:00 PM Unless Otherwise Noted
We host a rotating schedule of topics presented in a workshop format by experienced professionals!
- May 11 – Self Compassion (Megan Vendemia, The Ohio State University, School of Communication)
- May 18 – Networking Chat (Liz Anderson, Huntington Bank)
- May 25 – Oversharing at Work (Miranda Bartholomew, Home Health Care Professional)
- June 1 – Inspiring You (Team Bank of America).
- June 8 – Interview Ready (Sherita Lewis, NiSource)
- June 15 – Elevator Pitch (Megan Vendemia, The Ohio State University, School of Commnication)
- June 22- Be the Best You (Annette Parsell, Safelite)
- June 15 – Resume Preparation (Megan Vendemia, The Ohio State University, School of Commnication)
2:00 – 4:00 Open Work Session. Presenter is available to answer professional development questions and assist you with your job search. This is a perfect time to ask questions and seek professional guidance as our Career Center is staffed with dedicated Career Counselors to assist you! Stay as long as you’d like! We foster an open forum on Fridays – you can leave following the presentation, or utilize the career center until 4:00.
Dress for Success Columbus fosters relationships with HR Professionals and Career Path Specialists who are passionate about donating their time and talent to assist the women we serve prepare for interviews and succeed in the workplace. Please call or email Bridgett McKinnon for more information: 614.291.5420 ext 18, or firstname.lastname@example.org