Clients are introduced to the Career Center during their initial appointment and are encouraged to utilize this resource area equipped with tools that strengthen their job search and professional development. All services are free of charge for every woman we serve.
Career Center Resources
- 6 Laptop computers with internet access and Microsoft Office
- Mavis-Beacon typing tutorials
- Self-led Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office tutorials
- Printer, copier, scanner and fax
- Library of community resources
- Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops
- Network with peers, community partners and employers
Career Center Hours
Monday – Thursday: Self-led resources: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. No appointment needed for current clients.
Friday: Self-led resources: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm. No appointment needed for current clients.
Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops: 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm. RSVP required – see below for more information and to register!
Career Center Workshops
Career center workshops are hosted on Fridays. During this time, the career center is not open for computer use. All programs are provided free of charge to Dress for Success Columbus clients.
Please note the start time of the workshop that you RSVP for. Clients arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be able to join the session. We are respectful everyone’s time and late arrivals cause an interruption to the program while they get situated and caught up.
RSVP is required for ALL workshops. To RSVP, please click on date of program.
Career Development Workshops (1:00-4:00 PM)
We host a rotating schedule of topics presented in a workshop format by experienced professionals! These workshops are hosted from 1:00-2:00.
- March 31 – Resume: How to Make Your Resume Stand Out
- April 7 – Why Volunteer? Gain skills, make new connections, and find your next career
- April 14 – Bankruptcy: Get your questions answered here
- April 21 – Mock Interviews with HR professionals
- May 5 – Emotional Intelligence: How to deal with difficult people at work
2:00 – 4:00 Open Work Session. Presenter is available to answer professional development questions and assist you with your job search. This is a perfect time to ask questions and seek professional guidance as our Career Center is staffed with dedicated Career Counselors to assist you! Stay as long as you’d like! We foster an open forum on Fridays – you can leave following the presentation, or utilize the career center until 4:00.
Community Partner and Employer Open Houses
- March 24 – State Farm Insurance: Exciting Careers in Insurance
- April 28 – Ohio Health: Breast Care and Awareness & Mammogram information
Dress for Success Columbus fosters relationships with HR Professionals and Career Path Specialists who are passionate about donating their time and talent to assist the women we serve prepare for interviews and succeed in the workplace. Please call or email Tracy Harrison, Vice President, for more information: 614.291.5420 ext 12, firstname.lastname@example.org.